Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Free Latte

Finally, almost two years after I started, I finished the punch-card for the local coffee shop and was entitled to a free drink. It wasn't that i hadn't purchase more coffee, I just had trouble remembering to dig the card out of my pile of various punch cards, insurance cards, etc.

I have a passion for lattes. Recently I've been foolishly purchasing double soy lattes, at 3.05 per, an almost unforgivable luxury. But, I have a punch card! So I order one--but I'm reasonable.

"What size would you like?" says the girl, she's pretty, but looks tired and a little sad.

"Well I have a punch card, so...medium?"

"Don't you want a large-I mean-it's free."

"Well," I say. "I don't want to be greedy. I mean, I don't want you to judge me."

She laughs. "Get a 20 oz," she says. "I'll form my own opinions."

No comments:

Post a Comment